|Scholarships: With the proceeds of the Garden Show, we are proud to offer scholarships to qualifying students who are studying horticulture or horticulture-related fields. Up to four scholarships of $1,000 each are presented annually to qualified applicants. These are awarded at the sole discretion of the PHS Scholarship Committee.
ELIGIBILITY: an applicant must meet one of the following two criteria:
- any local student (present or former resident of Peterborough City or County) who has been accepted by a Canadian post-secondary institution into any year of a horticultural, landscape design, or other related program, as approved by the Scholarship Committee
- any Canadian student who has been accepted by either Trent University or Fleming College into any year of a horticultural, landscape design, or other related program, as approved by the Scholarship Committee.
HOW TO APPLY: the applicant must fulfill all four of the following requirements:
- clearly demonstrate how she/he meets the eligibility requirements;
- submit proof of acceptance into a horticultural-related program — something that shows that you are registered;
- submit a current resume and most recent transcript of grades (an unofficial transcript or screenprint is fine);
- submit a type-written essay of 300 -500 words, describing when you first became interested in horticulture, practical experience you have as a volunteer or employee, any horticulture-related workshops or courses you have taken, and your career plans in this field.
A HARD COPY OF THE COMPLETED APPLICATION MUST BE RECEIVED BY THE PETERBOROUGH HORTICULTURAL SOCIETY SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE NOT LATER THAN OCTOBER 31.
Peterborough Horticultural Society
P.O. Box 1372
Questions? Please Contact Us.
Only successful applicants will be contacted regarding the scholarships.
|Grants for Community Projects: Also from some of the proceeds of the show we have provided grants to various organizations in Peterborough and the surrounding communities for community horticultural projects. In the past years we have supported:
- Campbellford & District Horticultural Society: Healing Garden Pathway
- Camp Kawartha: Pollinator Learning Garden
- Ennismore & District Horticultural Society: Churchill Crescent Garden
- Fairhaven: Trees for their Dream Garden
- Lakefield Youth Unlimited: Canoe Lettuce Project
- Millbrook Garden Club & Municipal Heritage Committee: Resting Garden
- Nourish Havelock Task Force: Community Garden
- Riverview Park & Zoo: Garden Renovation Projects
- Peterborough Exhibition: Junior Garden Shows
The grant application deadline is APRIL 1 of each year. Please note that only NOT-FOR-PROFIT organizations are able to apply.
If your organization is interested in being considered for a grant, please contact us.
[Grant application form (.pdf)]
[Grant application form (.doc)]
Applications that are not complete will not be considered.