Options for Membership
OR Print & Mail:
- [Membership form 2022] Form submission required for current members with change of contact information only.
- Send a cheque made out to the PHS for $20 single/$25 family to:
- Mary-Rose Daigle
- 512 Dickson Street
- Peterborough, ON K9H 3K1
*[2022 Membership List]
updated May 9, 2022
- Individual …..$20
- Family.. …$25
- Guest. …. $2 per meeting
The Peterborough Horticultural Society welcomes members of other horticultural societies and garden clubs to attend our meetings free of charge when they present their own group’s membership card. Whether you are a novice or an expert gardener, the Peterborough Horticultural Society has something of interest for you. Your annual membership fee helps support the activities of the society and entitles you to:
- Receive our annual yearbook
- Receive our monthly newsletters
- Borrow books and video tapes from our library
- Enter competitions
- Join our bus trips, when available
- Attend our many monthly meetings
Officers of the Peterborough Horticultural Society 2017-18
- PRESIDENT – MJ (Mary-Jane) Pilgrim
- FIRST VICE PRESIDENT –
- SECRETARY – Donna-Marie Fennell
- TREASURER – Mary-Rose Daigle
- PAST PRESIDENT – Pat de Villiers
Two Year Directors (2021-22)
- Elane Kalavrias
- Shaun Pyper
- Sandra Caswell
One Year Directors (2021-22)
- Anita Clifford
- Annie English
- Laura Jack
|Executive and Board of Directors meet on the 1st Wednesday of each month, excluding July and August.
Purposes of the Peterborough Horticultural Society
The objectives of the Peterborough Horticultural Society are to encourage interest and improvement in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings respecting the theory and practice of horticulture.
- Encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers on public and private grounds.
- Promoting outdoor art, public beautification, balcony and plot gardening.
- Arranging field trips, contests, competitions and exhibitions related to horticulture and awarding prizes.
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Interesting youth and others in the study of horticulture.
- Promoting the protection of the environment.
- Promoting the circulation of horticultural information through any medium.
The Peterborough Horticultural Society will not expend more than half of its total annual receipts, other than grants or donations made for specific purposes, on any one of the objectives except for the planting of trees, shrubs and plants on public grounds and the promotion of outdoor art and public beautification.
Constitution and Policies
The Constitution of the PHS (.pdf)
PHS Policies and Procedures November 2021 (updated!)
Ontario Horticultural Association
Here are the dates of the 2022 OHA District 4 meetings. If you have any questions please visit the OHA site or contact us.
- April 2, 2022… Annual General Meeting – Ennismore Community Centre, hosted by Lakefield Hort Society. Speaker Peter Green: Greenhouse on the River
- June 8… June Celebration Event & Skills Update – Westdale United Church, Peterborough Speaker Kerry Hackett “Surprising Health Benefits of Gardening“
- October 22… Fall Seminar: Location TBA, hosted by Bobcaygeon H.S.