|[Membership form 2020]
- Individual …..$20
- Family.. …$25
- Guest. …. $2 per meeting
The Peterborough Horticultural Society welcomes members of other horticultural societies and garden clubs to attend our meetings free of charge when they present their own group’s membership card. Whether you are a novice or an expert gardener, the Peterborough Horticultural Society has something of interest for you. Your annual membership fee helps support the activities of the society and entitles you to:
- Receive our annual yearbook
- Receive our monthly newsletters
- Borrow books and video tapes from our library
- Enter competitions
- Join our bus trips, when available
- Attend our many monthly meetings
Officers of the Peterborough Horticultural Society 2017-18
- PRESIDENT – MJ (Mary-Jane) Pilgrim
- FIRST VICE PRESIDENT – Donna O’Brien
- SECRETARY – Jen Bird
- TREASURER – Claire Sullivan
- PAST PRESIDENT – Pat de Villiers
One Year Directors (2019-20)
- Anita Clifford
- Cauleen Viscoff
- Elane Kalavrias
Two Year Directors (2019-20)
- Donna O’Brien
- Annie English
- Laura Jack
- Susan Gomez-Duran
|Executive and Board of Directors meet on the 1st Wednesday of each month, excluding July and August.
Purposes of the Peterborough Horticultural Society
The objectives of the Peterborough Horticultural Society are to encourage interest and improvement in horticulture by:
- Holding meetings respecting the theory and practice of horticulture.
- Encouraging the planting of trees, shrubs and flowers on public and private grounds.
- Promoting outdoor art, public beautification, balcony and plot gardening.
- Arranging field trips, contests, competitions and exhibitions related to horticulture and awarding prizes.
- Distributing seeds, plants, bulbs, flowers, trees and shrubs.
- Interesting youth and others in the study of horticulture.
- Promoting the protection of the environment.
- Promoting the circulation of horticultural information through any medium.
The Peterborough Horticultural Society will not expend more than half of its total annual receipts, other than grants or donations made for specific purposes, on any one of the objectives except for the planting of trees, shrubs and plants on public grounds and the promotion of outdoor art and public beautification.
Constitution and Policies
The Constitution of the PHS (.pdf)
Policies and Procedures of PHS (.pdf)
Ontario Horticultural Association
Here are the dates of the 2019 OHA District Four meetings and the Convention. If you have any questions please visit the OHA site or contact us.
- April 4, 2020 … Annual General Meeting – Lakefield Legion, 10am-3:00pm
- June 10, 2020 … June Celebration Event – Navy Club, Peterborough Speaker Kerry Hackett “Surprising Health Benefits of Gardening“
- July 17-19, 2020 … Annual Convention – London, ON
- September 26, 2020 – Skills Update, Westdale United, Peterborough
- October 24, 2020 … Fall Seminar – Hosted by Minden Speaker Ken Brown